Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sunday Scribblings: What would you attempt....

Yes, I am very late on this - considering it is for last Sunday - but I am doing it! This is last week's question at Sunday Scribblings. Maybe I will do this week's before next Saturday.... :)

What would you attempt if you knew you would not fail?

I would try to live a healthy, complete life without a formal full-time job. I would want to spend more time writing, more time playing, more time keeping the house, more time volunteering with the hours I got back that way. And I would probably still work (even at my current job!) but not full-time. And my life would be complete, and I would be healthy, and I would have everything I need. I could, of course, cut my hours back at work, but these niggling little things like money and health insurance and so on (not to mention the fact that I'm not sure my company needs someone part-time in my role) make that very not-comfortable for me at this stage of my life. Maybe some day, but not now.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Laura, thanks for the help. I got the buttons on my sidebar! I love that you are posting this Sunday Scribble late. Great that you jumped in!
I tried to leave you a comment on Thursday, but blogger wouldn't let me - but I cheered to learn you got the shelves up!

Laura said...

Kara - thank you! Glad if I was any help at all with the buttons (even just encouragement). And blogger was being a bear last week, wasn't it? I don't remember what I tried to do but I remember being annoyed at something that didn't work....